Founded in 1900, Johnson Storage & Moving is a global logistics company that helps families, government and businesses store and move their goods around the world. We specialize in white glove service for residential and commercial moves, along with logistics and distribution.
Johnson Storage and Moving
Verified Company Reviews
Don't do it!
DON’T DO IT!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE THEY ARE BBB ACCREDITED!!! Y’ALL stored my entire life for a year or longer, transferred my belongings from 1 site to one closer to my residence, when time came to clear out, at LEAST 1/4 TO 1/3 OF BOXES OR ITEMS RECORDED MISSING!!!! WTF!!! THEN TRIED TO MAKE A CLAIM, ******. HOW DO YOU LOG OR TRACK BELONGINGS THAT WE WEREN’T AWARE NEEDED TO TRACK BEFORE YOUR TRUCK DROVE AWAY WITH MY WHOLE LIFE!!! OVER A YEAR STORED AND IM SUPPOSE TO REMEMBER WHAT WAS THERE NOW VERSES THEN, I WAS TOLD TO PRESENT A LIST OF MISSING ITEMS, WHICH I HAD THINGS IN MY CRATE THAT DIDN’T EVEN BELONG TO ME, SO HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO RECOVER THINGS I VAGUELY REMEMBER…. SO HOW DO I KNOW I HAD MISSING ITEMS…… BECAUSE OF HOW MANY STICKERS WE’RE MISSING FROM LIST WHEN CONTAINERS EMPTIED AT MOVE OUT!!! I KNOW THINGS THAT WE’RE CENTIMENTAL THAT CAN NOT BE REPLACED FROM MY GRAND PARENTS, NO PRICE CAN BE PUT ON THOSE ITEMS, THAT I WON’T EVER GET BACK!!! OH YEAH WHEN I ASKED FOR DOCUMENTATION ON THE TRANSFER FROM SITE TO SITE, I RECEIVED 1 BOL OF SOME TYPE, NON LEGIBLE SIGNATURE NO RECORDABLE DATA ABOUT QUANTITY OF ITEMS TRANSFERRED SHOWING IF LOST THEN OR AFTER HITTING NEW HOME BASE IN CO. its been several years since they screwed me, I just happen to see a advertisment praising them!!!! Dont!!! Find another!!! You’ll regret it like I did!!!
I suggest looking elsewhere
Johnson had come highly recommended from some people that I trust. Their estimator, Roger Warren, had us use their app to video review our stuff. The app failed most of the way through, and he made me describe what else we had, and he also pressured me telling me that he had another appointment. It did not leave me with confidence that our estimate was accurate and asked for someone else to do the estimate. Roger apparently took offense and deleted our entire estimate. I spoke to his boss, who was able to resurrect our estimate, but their price came in orders of magnitudes higher than other reputable national chains with AA+ BBB ratings and listings on the Federal website.
Nashville to Puerto Vallarta
We have moved internationally half a dozen times and cross country multiple times over the years and have never dealt with a company as unprofessional and unresponsive as Johnson-United. Our move from Nashville to Puerto Vallarta Mexico in May 2019 was nothing but a nightmare and it took a year of dealing with abusive and unprofessional management at Johnson-United to get any kind of insurance settlement. No responsibility was taken by this company and they made excuse after excuse about third party partner problems and local issues. If you decide to use Johnson-United for your next move we wish you the best of luck!
* Movers never showed up the day they were supposed to pack us up. Johnson scrambled to find a local company who could help on a few hours notice
* Replacement movers did a lousy job of packing (many broken items) and had no idea of paperwork requirements for international moves
* Johnson lost several items of ours en-route and for weeks told us they had them and would be delivered any day but never were
* Johnson said they would show up for delivery on a Monday, never showed, said they would be there Tuesday, never showed, said they would be there Wed , showed up at 445pm (deliveries are btwn 9a-5p had been explained to them prior). Finally showed up Thurs afternoon (after saying they would arrive first thing)
* Boxes were crushed, damaged and packed into an open uncovered pickup truck. Movers intended to leave all our belongings on the side of the highway, unguarded, overnight until we called Johnson to let them know that wasn’t acceptable.
* Filed an insurance claim for damaged and missing items in Aug 2019, including photos and links with replacement cost. Insurance company (Pac Global) set status of claim to waiting on movers to provide shipping documents which Johnson-United never did so Pac-Global closed claim???
* Sent CEO/VP Ops & other VP’s a message to try and get traction on claim. Finally had to settle for a low ball offer from abusive VP of Ops or try our luck in court as insurance company wouldn’t re-open the claim
* Even after coming to insurance claim agreement it took months for them to pay out after saying initially it would be two weeks
* It was only through persistence, repeated calls and emails that we received anything from Johnson-United for the items they damaged and lost. Johnson tried to blame it all on their Mexican partner and took no responsibility. Our contract was with Johnson-United.
Edit: Our contract was with Johnson-United. Who they decide to sub-contract to is up to them. We contracted with Johnson-United. Ayal has a Johnson-United email address as well and represents them. These “web” of moving companies is just a way for the companies to avoid responsibility. We stand by our review
As a single female I was nervous about selecting a company to make my move from Colorado to North Carolina. I am so pleased that I selected United Van Lines. Johnson Storage and Moving did a fantastic job. Ethan came to my home for a visual to give me a quote. No matter how often I called Ethan (too numerous to mention), he always picked up quickly, and was quick to reassure me that all would go smoothly ( which it did). Ryan, the moving coordinator, was equally helpful. I could not have made this move without their help. You can’t go wrong with these guys. They are simply the BEST!
Wheelchair bound Widow STAY AWAY FROM THEM SCAMMERS as defined by Wikipedia if I could give them a minus 10 I would no such option here at all from The BBB. When I hired this company I paid in full and was told during a conference call with two witnesses to this call besides me that I would not have to pay any additional charges to anyone unless I had to pay customs charges and immediately upon clearing customs my 20 Foot container was then to be delivered to my apartment in Haugesund Norway UNOPENED OR TOUCHED BY ANYONE BUT ME THIS IS IN MY CONTRACT AND I PAID EXTRA FOR THIS I WAS TOLD. FYI CUSTOMS DID NOT REQUEST THE CONTAINER TO BE OPENED AS IF THEY HAD THEY WOULD HAVE GIVEN ME THE OPTION TO BE AT THE OPENING OF THE CONTAINER. The women (Helen S.) I spoke with who took down my move Helen S. told she would send all my paper work via FedEx to my home where the container was to be delivered too. I hired them on a Tuesday so if she had sent the paperwork as she promised because of the time difference in the US then I would have received them on Wednesday the next day I then would have filled them out and have driven them to a FedEx location near me in Anderson SC and they would have had them (The Paperwork) on Thursday or Friday AM all filled out and ready to go they did not send me the paper work under my ADA Americans with Disabilities Act request they through Helen where informed of my inability to do the paper work any other way and under this act companies must provide reasonable accommodations for disabled persons they do not comply as FedEx charges to them would only have been some few dollars at best and I was willing at my end to pay for the return charges to them with all the paperwork they wanted me to fill out. My husband Olav L ******** was a career Diplomat and we had numerous moves all over the world and we where never lied to by anyone ever except Johnson Moving and Storage in fact any company we had ever done business with always sent us our paperwork via Fedex or DHL overnight as this is a common practice among reputable companies. I was then hit with a delayed paperwork charge and was told I had to pay 474 and now I am being hit with another charge of 2,300 because they Johnson are incompetent and to top it off my moving is now in Stavanger Norway being held hostage as scammers often do as they are now demanding more money from ME. The company broke into my container and took all of my property out without my written or verbal permission to do so the man I spoke with Thomas has refused me the option of me going to see if my moving is OK as I guess they are doing this as they are stealing me blind. NO HONEST COMPANY BREAKS A SEAL ON A CONTAINER UNLESS THEY ARE UP TO NO GOOD. ANY CONTAINER I HAVE EVER MOVED HAS BEEN DELIVERED TO ME WITH THE SEAL INTACT AND I HAVE THEN HAD TO SIGN PAPERWORK SO SAYING THAT THE SEAL WAS BROKEN IN FRONT OF ME. IN ANDERSON SC WHEN MY CONTAINER WAS SEALED I WAS ASKED TO WITNESS THE SEALING OF THE CONTAINER IN FRONT OF ME.