With over 35 years of experience, Joyce Van Lines has been providing the highest level of elite service to every one of our customers based on their needs and timelines. Joyce operated moving and storage facilities are located in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Indiana, Florida, Texas & California.
Joyce Van Lines
Verified Company Reviews
We were moving across the country from Ca. to Florida. It was difficult to find a mover who would come up to Lake Arrowhead to give us an estimate, but Aaron , the estimator came right away to give us an estimate. Joyce Moving of Redlands, Ca., was always on time from the estimate to the excellent crew that packed us. I had dreaded the packing day and it turned out to be a really upbeat day. The guys were careful with our belongings, and they were all so positive, pleasant and polite that the day ended up being rather fun for all of us, as fun as packing and moving can be. This is our 14th move and some of those moves weren’t such a great experience. Our belongings are now stored there in LA and Joyce Moving will deliver them to our new home soon. That way we don’t have to deal with getting another mover here in Fl. We totally recommend them .
Careless and unreliable
oyce Van Lines moved me from California to Florida in June 2020. My experience: JOYCE VAN LINES IS CARELESS AND UNRELIABLE AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE.
Joyce Van Lines has lost a semi-antique oriental rug valued at $2400. When I filed a claim, they refused to pay, despite the fact that their own tracking of the rug showed it to have been lost. I have repeated my claim three times, explaining over and over what happened to the rug. I have corresponded with both Joyce’s claims adjustor, Mason Foxlow, and Joyce’s California agent who oversaw my move, Jim Prendergast.
Here is what happened.
(1) PREPARATION OF GOODS. Before the move I specifically listed the rug–a Hamadan measuring 6’10” x 3’9″–on the High Value Inventory requested by Jim Prendergast. It was one of five oriental rugs of different sizes and designs; I included photographs and dimensions of all five. I paid for full replacement value “protection” for all items being moved. (I understand that this is not insurance; however, the form I signed says “the moving company is liable for the full (replacement) value of your goods in the event of loss of or damage to the goods.”
(2) PACKING. Before the packers came, the four smaller rugs–including the one Joyce has lost–were separately rolled and taped (in the manner recommended by oriental rug professionals) and placed in the same spot in my living room. Joyce’s claims adjustor determined, when tracking the rug, that the packers had unrolled this rug–only this one, not the others–and placed it in a box (item #194). The packers did not inform me at the time, so I did not know that the rug was concealed. The other three smaller rugs, still rolled up, were wrapped in paper. The fifth (very large) rug was put into the truck.
(3) DELIVERY. When the delivery crew came, box #194 was checked off but I did not know the rug was inside. The deliverers unpacked most of the boxes–I had paid for a full unpack. I could not be everywhere at once, and I didn’t see what came out of box #194. The deliverers took away all empty boxes and wrappings and left in a hurry.
(4) DISCOVERY AND REPORTING OF LOSS. When I had time that evening to make a thorough inventory of my belongings, I saw that one of the rugs was missing. The next morning I telephoned Jim Prendergast and reported the loss. He said he would track the rug. When I didn’t hear back from Mr. Prendergast after several days, I called him again. He said he would talk to the packers. When another week and a half went by with no word from Mr. Prendergast, I filed a claim.
(5) DENIAL OF CLAIM. At this point, I began dealing with Mason Foxlow. (Mr. Prendergast simply disappeared, though I sent him copies of my correspondence with Mr. Foxlow.) Joyce Van Lines has denied my claim on the grounds that box #194 was checked off on the delivery inventory. However, when I checked it off, I did not know the rug was inside the box. I never saw this rug at all! Mr. Foxlow claimed the deliverers say they unrolled the rug and placed it on the floor–but the rug they placed was a much bigger one. I have repeatedly explained this to Mr. Foxlow, sending him photographs of both rugs. He has now stopped replying to my emails.
First time move with Joyce
First time move with Joyce Movimg and the crew of movers were awesome. Alex, Chris and Morey were efficient, careful and professional We had large expensive furniture needing special attention. Real estate Broker who has moved often and I will certainly recommend and use them on my next move.
Aaron did an awesome job arranging everything for our recent move.
The movers that came out were experienced, professional, thorough and punctual. I would hire them again if needed and I highly recommend them to others
Happy with these guys!
Aaron and his crew just finished two days of on site moving for us. Many heavy and completed things up and down stairs between four buildings. They were excellent, professional, nice, creative, careful, etc. It is hard to express how happy I am with their work.