Established in 1982, NOR-CAL Moving Services started as an office mover and has grown to become one of the largest full-service relocation company in the Western U.S. What started as a very simple business idea of providing San Francisco Bay Area businesses with superior service has become the pillar to the company’s success and have earned Nor-Cal Moving Services multiple awards from Allied Van Lines.
Nor-Cal Moving Services
Verified Company Reviews
Five star experience all the way!
We had a great experience with a regional move from Richmond to San Leandro. The entire team was absolutely professional, punctual, great communication and upfront with any issues that came up. The crew was careful with the way they handled the freight and responsive to all our requests. The foreman and his installer were very helpful, with good ideas/recommendations and quality installation work.
Not the best moving experience
Not the best moving experience we had (and we moved a lot). We originally had 3 moving jobs in one day. So based on Mandy’s recommendation we booked 4 movers so they will be faster. Out of 4 movers, Jason was the one doing most of the work. The rest of them were mostly hanging around. So it took them 8 hours for a 2 bedroom apartment to get moved to a home 15 mins away. Forget about 2 other jobs. Also I was very disappointed to learn that the 5 star reviews are not genuine since they want you to write a 5 star review for $25 off.
Positive side: we have no damage. Packing was good and Mandy who take care of the booking is very responsive.
2 bedroom move
We used them in Sep 2020, to pack and move our 2 bedroom home in San Francisco to a storage unit in San Leandro
Big take away – 1. make sure you ask them to come on time. 2. And ask Jason about the wardrobe boxes upfront, otherwise he is going to try sell you something at the end of the move when you are vulnerable. 3. You can do most of the “packing”aka – throwing things in boxes on your own. Save them for larger more complicated items
– One of the better rates out there.
– The guys wore masks, most of them time.
– Hard working crew. Except one laggard, everyone was always moving.
– Jason – selling packaging seems like his side hustle. I had bought all material at a much cheaper rate from Home Depot. So to try to make up for it, he tried to sell me “wardrobe boxes” for $20 each. He said I could either rent it or buy it. When I asked what “renting” means, he got upset. I still don’t understand why should I “rent” any boxes, to me they are the same as a dolly or blanket that comes included in the moving price. Anyway I ended up buying them.
– At the end, he charged us $150 for packing material – when we asked for a breakdown he got upset again. He said “my boss didn’t even want me to take this job”. I don’t even understand where was this coming from. I have never spoken to Jason’s boss. My move was a simple move from home to storage, not sure why would Jason’s mysterious boss single out our job??
– Arrived an hour late. Our storage unit is not a 24 hour access and it closes at 6pm. Because of their late arrival we had to pay the storage facility extra $$ to keep it open longer
– We had a 4th guy added on last minute. They brought someone who didn’t seem like a professional mover – aka – he was super slow with packing and moving things – taking his time turning every object in his hand and looking at it in wonder, before putting it in a box.
– Talking with Jason was exhausting, I couldn’t wait for it to be over so we just gave him whatever he needs to get rid of him.
An A++ job all the way around.
I had an excellent experience with my cross country move (CA to DC). From the initial quote that was right on target, the exceptional job the packers did with my belongings, the communication from my coordinator (Lucy) was on point and very responsive, the coordination with 3rd parties for crating, and the unloading and reconstruction of my items were awesome.
The whole team at Nor-Cal was terrific. Efficient, very prompt communication, and clearly Every person from estimate to final delivery was a true professional. Thank you all for helping make this transition so much easier!